Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's up with this blog?

I know that I don't write blog entries as of late and I am ashamed.

Due to Rafa's request I will do my best to rejuvenate my blog and put some new entries on here. Hi Rafa! ;)

So...

I have officially been in Korea for 5 months and some-odd days and it's freezing cold here, though it's warmer than it was a couple of weeks ago. I am ready for winter to be over and for things to turn green again!

I have recently been having dreams where I am back in California. It's like I fall asleep and end up in Rancho Cucamonga. I had this dream the other day where I came home from Korea and went to some house that was supposedly my parents and they were having a party. I was like "Hey everyone I'm back from Korea!" but nobody seemed to care. So I sat on the couch and then my dad walked in, a plate of barbecue in hand, and I was like "Hi Dad! I'm home!" and he said "Nice of you to show up" (with a hint of attitude) and I was sad because everyone didn't care that I was home. In fact they seemed a little mad at me.

...Don't be mad at me or forget about me people!...

Oh I just remembered that I also had a dream about going to Six Flags with my sister and I saw some old friends there and I just kept saying "I have to go on Tatsu! I've never been on Tatsu!"

...Is this one of those moments when you tell somebody your dream and they just stare at you blankly because it has no relevance to them? Sorry if it is...

Anyways, I miss California. It's seeping into my subconscious. Korea is nice and all but I need some sunshine or something.

What else?...

Oh yes, John and I are going to China in 5 days. Woo hoo! We will be in Beijing for the first 3 1/2 days and will ring in the Chinese New Year there. I am looking very forward to that. From there it's off to see the Terracotta Army in Xi'an and see the pandas in Chengdu then we're gonna try to get into Tibet and then somehow get back to Shanghai by the 25th. It's not precisely planned, but that's the fun in it. I am quite excited to see the sights, but I am even more excited to eat the food! I cant wait! I'll have to write about it when I get back. :)

Other news...

My Korean class got canceled! Booooooo. So it's no Korean class for 2 months (Jan & Feb). Though I have been taking my one-on-one lessons with Ms. Joo, so I am still learning. I might try to take some free classes that are at a library closer to me, so we'll see about that.

My co-teacher told me that my vice principal really likes me and that she tells her to treat me well because she wants me to re-contract for another year... we'll see about that...

I ran my fastest mile in the history of my life at the gym. 8 minutes. Maybe that's not all that good, but to me it's great. I am getting better at running and have been to doing okay about getting to the gym. I even "went" 5 miles the other day. (I say "went" because I can't technically say that I "ran" 5 miles... I probably ran 3 miles and walked 2.)

We went skiing again a few weeks ago and I did a lot better than my first attempt. A big shout out to my ski instructor, John. :) Thanks for not giving up on me despite the fact that I got frustrated and grouchy. Muah!

That's about it. I have been hibernating like a bear because of the cold so I don't do much except watch Sopranos and eat and sleep and work...

I miss everyone back home and I think about you often! Happy Lunar New Year! (it's the year of the tiger as of February 14th, rarrr. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I miss you crazy lady! I hope China is amazing and I can't wait to see pictures :) It's my year!! ;)

    ReplyDelete