Monday, May 3, 2010

Dude, this blog is dormant... time to revive it!

So... what's been going on in my world?

Well, since my last blog post I went to China (in February... a long time ago) and I'd been coping with being utterly grouchy about Seoul's cold weather until voila! Warmth. :)

It's finally spring and I am beginning to feel like I am done hibernating. This bear woke up and scratched herself and then realized she had gotten chubby and decided to do something about it! So I am going to lose 20 lbs before I get home. I've lost 5 lbs so far, so... go me! All I am doing is all of the stuff that people tell you to do your whole life but you never listen; eat right and exercise! I have been eating tons of fresh fruits and veggies and staying away from processed foods. Of course, at school I eat whatever they give me, today it was spaghetti... so... I had to eat it. I didn't gorge myself so it was all good.

Lately, I have Costa Rica on the brain. I want to go there and possibly live there and learn Spanish while teaching English. Sounds like a fantastic plan to me! I want to go to a warm happy place where dancing with all of your might is encouraged.

Also, I read Eat. Pray. Love. and it was amazing and if you haven't read it, you should! It was a great book about a woman finding herself through traveling, eating, praying, and finally loving again. Good stuff.

To be honest, I'm ready to leave Korea. I think it's Seoul's fault. I am done living in a big city. I want to live in a little village where I can ride my bike from one end to the other. And eat fresh food from the local market. And know everyone. And live by the beach. In Costa Rica. Ha! I guess I might have to change the name of this blog then, eh?

I'm going to put some little stories about my life in the next entry, so I'll be ending this one now. Main points: Amanda Revived, Blog Revived, Costa Rica or Bust. :)

I miss you all back home!

1 comment:

  1. Now there's the best friend I know and love! I'm so glad you're finding yourself, lovey! You are such an amazing and beautiful woman and I can't wait to see what this next year brings you! I'm proud of you and I'm so stoked you'll be home soon!

    ReplyDelete