Monday, June 7, 2010

Flying High

This past Wednesday I went zip-lining with my surrogate Korean family. It was sooo much fun! The place that we went to was about 2 hours outside of Seoul and it was a zip-lining course that included 9 different zip-lines. Every one was a lot of fun and I made sure to really run and jump so that I'd get some momentum. I was a pro by the end. ;)

I think even better than the zip-lining was getting to go for a long car ride and get out of Seoul, and also to spend the day with a family. It was really great.

You know what else was really great... all of the employees at the zip-lining place were cute Korean guys who just got cuter as the course went along. One of them asked me my name and once I got to the other side I could here him radioing his friend about me. lol. A little ego booster... hey, I'm single now... I can talk about this stuff.

Anyway, it was a great day altogether and I will never forget it.

Seriously, my life is going swimmingly. I don't know if that makes sense but I thought it sounded like a good adjective.

I have a great job, I have made some amazing friends in Korea, I have plenty of free time to do anything that I could really want to do, I am leaving for Southeast Asia in 2.5 months, I am going to be home for the holidays this year and I have so little responsibility that I shouldn't possibly be unhappy...

But I'm so dang homesick lately that it's ruining my buzz. I want to go home and hang out at my parents house while my dad barbecues. It's getting to be summer and I want to do all the summery things that I always do in California: hang out and do nothing, drive around with my windows down, make a trip to the beach now and then, drink white wine sangria, hang out at Rafa's until all hours of the night/morning, eat Yogurt & More once a week... the list goes on.

What I think that it all comes down to is the fact that I need to learn to just live in the moment. I need to enjoy what I have here and at home without fretting about not being here or there and not being able to be everywhere at once. I have done a good job of accomplishing my goal; after college I wanted to travel for an extended period of time and live in another country. Check and check.

So, now that I've purged myself of this feeling of hopelessness, I am going to live it up! As the Koreans would say: "FIGHTING!"

No comments:

Post a Comment